Wednesday, October 31, 2007

now here's a thing

clipped yesterday as you know. it was so warm she went out rugless (and I didn't need my jacket to muck out, which is a balance - keep my top half clean from horse things, as i have the work shirt on, but not get hot and sweaty). and when i got back tonight, she felt warmer down her neck than she had prior to being clipped. So i reckon there's a thing there about being too warm and thus feeling cold....

anyway, i tried to finish the face off (at least made it a load tidier!) but it'll all have to wait to the weekend for some daylight now.

felt sure it was going to rain - kept spitting on and off on the way home and was forecast - so decided not to do anything work wise with her. and of course, by the time i'm on my way home there's no sign of rain... ah well.

Muriel, yes I think the myler combi has a lot to do with it. She can't set her jaw (although she can set her body if she really wants to....) which means it's much easier to get direction and softness.

4 comments:

Muriel said...

I used a myler full cheek comfort snaffle for Morgan. he prefered it than the Jeffries Revolver centre one. But it is a very slim bit ... too slim for Linda.

If I have kept Morgan teh Myler combo woudl have been my faster hack bit ... the bit for direction and the noseband for control ;-D

Jean said...

Oh my. I remember how many times I clipped my horses in the barn with the lights on. The next day I'd take them out into the sunshine and find all kinds of places I'd missed. It is SO hard to do an elegant, even clip job.

But when it grows out just a little, it often looks really nice.

cptrayes said...

I have full cheek bits on all my youngsters. Both boys have them - one a French link, one a single joint. Some of those Myler bits seem to work really well don't they?

C

Nicola said...

Polo's in a full cheek mullen mouth Myler..he still locks his jaw or chomps like crazy when tense or stressed but def the best bit for him.
I have toyed with the combination for him but he hated the Dr Cooks bitless,couldnt stop him and he was threatening to rear so dont know if the action of the combi would work for him?Does it work on pressure too Claire?