Saturday, October 06, 2007

Well that's working then...

Once I got on! had to have a hand with that .....

anyway, got her walking round at a good brisk pace, made sure I did the corners - didn't, i have to say, pull my hand back to my hip! but did ensure I gave a definite aid with my inside hand when i wanted her to turn.

Also, instead of just keeping a small circle going - as that was the real stressor on Thursday - put 10 metre circles in at various places round the arena - B, E, a corner, C, in the middle having let her think we were changing rein - like that...

She only set her jaw against me once in about 1/2 hour (although it might have been a bit longer, despite having my watch on i lost track a bit!) and I was really pleased. did a little bit of trot as well, but nearly all in walk.

not ONE headshake...

maybe she's getting it? maybe I'm getting it?

It was very warm as well, which was good...

now let's hope she behaves tomorrow - friends supposed to be coming up with her partner & their horses, and another friend, and we're supposed to be riding out with them. Mind, last time she was coming up it didn't happen, but this time someone else has organised it, so it might!!!!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Good job. Maybe all those battles in the lesson paid off. Sometimes it works out that way.

The 10 meter circles were a good idea. Lots of changes in direction and pattern are very helpful in keeping a horse from leaning or setting itself against you.

Hope you have a good time tomorrow. It's nice to be able to go out with friends.

cptrayes said...

that sounds like great progress, you must be pleased.

I hoe you'vegot the weather we've got for your ride!

C.