Wednesday, May 31, 2006

sunshine!!!!

What I don't understand is, we get some nice weather - we're not getting blown away or soaked or both - and no one is riding (save the person who got there before me and is coming back as I arrive).

So I got molly in, got a hand to get on, and did some work in the arena concentrating on me feeling my seat bones and getting to go where i wanted without any grief from her. That worked. I found my seat bones, which is always good, and her walk work was good, and she was going where i was telling her in both walk and trot.

I then thought, I'll nip round the 20 acre. That might have been a good idea, but we came to the top of the hill and two fishermen were standing at the bottom with their fishing rods sticking up above them looking like bogeymen. Probably because they aren't usually there. She wasn't having that at all. The estate lets the fishing to the local angling club and there's always people turning up to fish, but normally they are in fact doing that on the river not loitering about frightening the horses .....

The good news is, I've to send the grandeur pad back as it is agreed by the vendor that there appears to be something wrong with it. So trip to post office tomorrow for brown paper ... and I'll be back to riding bareback, which will do me good, I suppose!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good weather forecast for the weekend. Get ready! xx

Anonymous said...

riding bareback is good, I am a firm believer that it helps your position and balance overall, particularly jumping(although you don't do that...). I just wish the weather would make up its mind...

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»