Tuesday, May 30, 2006

breezy

is what the weather forecaster calls it; I think the rest of us call it more than that. It was so bad no one at all was riding tonight - only people there were there to feed, and no one else turned up. so I used the time to move some stuff from the barn tackroom to the new tackroom, having been given a key. once it';s sorted I'll be able to start leaving my saddle there, hurray.

Shall need to take a hosepipe down to hose down the new stable then paint it when it's dry; hasn't been done for a while by the look of it ....

but my washing was dry tonight, and I'm expecting the same again tomorrow so got some more on the go .

When I went out to the field to check Molly over I nearly got blown away; she's fine, pleased to see me but pleased not to do anything.

I suppose if I lived on Caroline's cheshire hill above macclesfield I would have to get used to that sort of wind, but since I don't have to - wind makes me ratty, and makes the horse ratty, so I can't see the point as no sensible work would get done anyway for mutual rattiness!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All horses are happy so long as they get a cuddle, food in their belly-and no work to do, lol.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»