Sunday, May 28, 2006

barefoot london

Today, Marylou's mum came to show me her barefoot london; gorgeous saddle, much nicer than the barefoot cheyenne, If the london had been out when I bought the cheyenne, I would have bought the london. It's a larger seat; the form at the cantle is set further back on the london than on the cheyenne so you are less likely to sit on it, and the form at the cantle is made of a much softer polystyrene than the fibreglass used at the pommel in the london and in both forms on the cheyenne. Riding it was very comfortable - in many ways, more comfortable than the Fhoenix. The leather is gorgeous.

She then rode in my Cheyenne, and decided she was pleased she didn't buy one. We then deconstructed the cheyenne - complete with use of tape measure - and it appears that I was right to think there was something wrong. The Grandeur pad is not symmetrical, which will account for a lot of slippage issues/rubbing issues.

The grandeur pad on the london didn't move a bit; mine does move. It never stays where it started, and always looks cockeyed under the saddle. I could never tell whether it was the saddle that was cockeyed, the pad that was cockeyed, or my eye. It's amazing what you find out with a tape measure.

I shall post some photos later that I took with the phone (hope they've worked) and will be emailing the vendor.

After that, i took Molly out for a walk - she'd only done about 10/15 minutes in the school, if that, so I decided the 20 acre was a good plan. She had a minor balk at going down the hill, but did it, we caught Emily on Kate up and then Molly marched on quite happily ahead of Katie, no bother at all.

So last weekend was probably just a glitch caused by a week off.

The only trouble was - whislt I was trying to get on her, on my own, she stood on my right foot, with her back foot ... Ouch! I haven't looked yet, and hope it isn't broke, but certainly very badly bruised ....

No comments: