Thursday, May 25, 2006

a bad night

well i suppose it could have been worse than it was .... but overall fairly dire.

Decided to ride out with the others - 5 altogether. We got along beside the geldings field and the plan was to go through a gate into the sheep field. the catch was the sort that is on the wrong side of the upright, and it kept being blown shut by the wind. Molly and I ended up down through the coppice and on the track and she was NOT going to go forward. lots of quick tunrs (nice turn on the forehand but not what i wanted, maybe i should take my own advice i gave someone the other day and push her into lots of turns on the forehand?). ended up back in the arena, and then realised the saddle wasn't on right.

Got off to put it right, couldn't get back on till my mother turned up. Not that I wanted my mother to turn up, but she stood in front of the horse long enough for Molly to stand still and me to get on. And all without realising she was being helpful!

So then I had to talk to her (not easy, she's stone deaf....). I tought, I'd go back to the geldings field and round to see if she'd do it on her own, but met the others coming back, so that wasn't going to work at that point. back to the arena. didn't want to play. mother came back over to talk some more. argh....

someone else came into the arena, molly even less wanted to play. decided one last time to try the geldings field, down the side etc. on our own without a lead. I didn't in fact expect her to do it, but she did. So good note to end on.

went back to untack, no sooner took the saddle off than she had a wee ..... clearly, that was probably the main issue all the time. Going to be one of those that won't have a wee when mounted ....

a disaster all round really. Hope we do better tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray for some good weather for the bank holiday weekend and hoefully you will have moire sucess. Have a good weekend Claire!

Anonymous said...

You know I meant 'hopefully' don't you! lol :)

Claire said...

of course; and more success, although moire is a really nice fabric LOL