Saturday, May 06, 2006

canter!!!!

well, a good short hack.

Allison came with me on foot, and the plan was to at least do the 20acre without any traumas - which we did very succesfully, I was very pleased with Molly, it was almost as if last week hadn't happened and she wasn't even phased by the normally scary red & white tape.

When we get to the end of the 20 acre, we have a choice - along the track, or through another small gate and up the side of the hard track on a grassy track with logs, which ends in another gate to a big field.

I had allison open the gate, and we cantered the grassy track, no problems, stopped at the top, didn't want to tank off again, excellent. I did vaguely think about going through the field, but decided not (wide open spaces are never my favourite thing anyway....) and was glad, as I had forgotten it was full of sheep.

So back to the track and trotted home in good order.

It was only 1/2 hour, but a good 1/2 hour and that's the point ....

No comments: