Monday, May 29, 2006

blowing

a gale and getting soaked - where's the summer folks, this is more like mad march gales! All I did today horse wise was email the barefoot people about the saddle, and tip the shavings bed. We're moving out of the barn next weekend and I'll be getting rubber matting for the stable (because of the dust allergy Molly's got, don't want it to turn into full blown COPD) so the old bed had to be tipped. most of it was given to Katie's owner, so katie will now be standing about 2 hands higher than she normally does and if she stands on the bed she'll be able to see out (she's a small pony in a large stable!)

but I got some work work done, which was something. one of the files I brought home to do work on, I found I'd already done the work I was planning on doing .... ahead of myself more than I thought i was.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the rain wasn't that bad was it? It only lasted about half an hour in all! Thing os though, it rained while spark was out, then stopped when I brought him in for hay, then stayed nice all the time until I just put my foot in the stirrup...then started again. lol.

Rubber mattings good, so long as its the non-slip kind. Sparky hasn't got proper horse matting at the moment, he's just got some of the stuff the people who used to own the famr used with the cows. Once he's in his permanent stable I;ll be getting that liquid stuff, it seems best.

Anonymous said...

wait, i forgot to make my point about the cow stuff-its useless, all the wee just goes underneath and the stable ends up stinking and needs tyo be hosed at least every fortnight.

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»