Wednesday, May 03, 2006

gorgeous evening

after last night, who'd have thought? spent some of the afternoon sweltering in a new client's conservatory - we all melted .... then got to the yard a bit earlier than usual. no one riding, so decided to lunge, since I haven't done that for ages.

Molly was excellent on left rein, which is about what I would have expected, but right rein - took me ages to get her going right, i thought we're back to the old argument, but i think she was just trying it on. She did eventually give up arguing and did it, nice trot work and some canter, so since she had, I left that as being the good note and took her back in.

Normally i like 5 minutes each rein with and without side reins, but since the success for the night was clearly doing right rein at all, and she did work well, and we hadn't done it for ages, i left it at that, i.e. didn't do the right rein without side reins but had done all the rest. and I wish I could remember to take my watch! so i could time it properly, rather than guessing.

and it was so hot we were both melting ....

No comments: