Monday, January 28, 2008

am i getting better or not?

that is, in relation to the dizziness...

thought i was this morning, but this afternoon i had a hospital appointment (about all my aching joints, but in particular the right hip...)

i told him, i've got something going on in my left ear and would rather not bend forwards... so he had me do just that! and then on the examination couch, i was dizzy going backwards and the world swam when i was on my front so he could see my spine...

then would have it that a lot of my joint pains are down to stress.... duh. no, that's the muscles in my neck. he reckoned ditto with the hips. shoulders. de dah. i don't THINK so ....the shoulders are three falls on each side! the hip, probably the same....the knee - a fall, resulting in a torn medial meniscus and long term chondrolamacia patella...

he's referring me for phsyio, and says osteopath and arnica by mouth....

he was a Pole, it was his first day in that particular hospital.

and Molly? did 15 minutes rope circling.....i don't move my head, i move my entire body round MY inside leg...especially at the moment. I've found that the best way of ensuring i do stand still in the centre of molly's circle is to do that...

wasn't totally sure i should have done that for me, but molly needed the work and I need to watch the dvd again....

in the meantime, anyone watching City of Vice - very interesting, about the brothers Fielding who started off the Bow Street Runners, forbears of that well known institution, the Met....(Metropolitan Police, for those of you outside the UK) - dramatisation. Very good.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Now I know for sure why I love my chiropractor. I had to go this morning as my lower back was really hurting. He fixed me up in 10 minutes. I can do physiotherapy there too if I want it, and there is even an acupunturist. All of which would probably help your aches and pains.

Arnica is supposed to be quite good, but I have never had any real luck with it myself. However, I am wondering if it might help your dizziness--if that is caused by some kind of inflammation. Did this doctor care that you were dizzy????

As for Molly, as long as you could manage and didn't suffer any bad aftereffects, then working her was the right thing to do.

Nicola said...

Least your getting referred for more treatment hopefully get you sorted.On of the newly qualified physio's worked on my shoulder when it was sore the other week and although it KILLED it really help alot,she does think I should have regular treatment but time/money..all of mine goes on the menagery!
She thought I was weird cos I laughed so much but I quite often do when something hurts.

I find it really hard to stay on the same spot!