Wednesday, June 21, 2006

wind & another scar

was so strong there were trees being blown flat - just not worth the effort of thinking about riding, as I think i've said before, it gets me ratty and that transfers to the horse (and that's before you start thinking about whatever might blow up and spook her!).

One of the other mares has had another go at her; I'm getting really hacked off with this. There had been no problem over the winter particularly, but now it seems every time I look at her there's another place where she's been booted by another horse. I am fairly sure it is always a side on clip from a horse shoe; there's no wire in the field so it can't be that, otherwise one would think it looked like a barbed wire cut. depressing. Don't want to have to move her again, but one day it's going to be something worse than minor lines across the flesh

The only other thought is if there's a nail sticking out from a fence or something somewhere; but if there was, Molly wouldn't be the only one getting caught on it, surely?

mental note (now i've thought of this possiblity) go check fence line and field shelter, just in case. and take hammer with me.

No comments: