Tuesday, June 06, 2006

heatwave?

from freezing to boiling in one week - and the forecast is to stay good till the weekend at least!

We rode again tonight; still no dints behind the wither. Tomorrow I'll try it without the gel pad. We went out in company tonight, 4 of us but just for a walk. Molly did 4 or 5 naps on the way round, and was sticky at a couple of gates (but very good going through some sheep!) and very good round the 20 acre - which we did going to the yard, not my usual away from the yard.

It was all in walk, too hot for anything else

But the gp is very hard compared to the treeless - although I have at least found my seatbones again!

And of course, I'd forgotten to put my suede seatsaver back on the saddle, no stickiness! and very perched...

the news on the barefoot is that i was right, there was a fault with the pad which has been replaced. So I'll have that back tomorrow or thursday... That's the trouble with buying things you haven't actually seen in the flesh, you don't know what you're looking for and therefore can't see that there's a problem immediately. Anyway, very good service from horseandharmony, thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the weather, last week I'd resorted to thermal vests and this week it's hot enough for shorts and T-shirt!

Claire said...

flighty, i'm fine, but blogger wasnt... i was reduced to putting an entry on 20six!!!!