Monday, June 19, 2006

schooling

Tonight we were in the arena - and that went relatively well, I really start to think we are starting to get somewhere.

Someone had left a jump up, so I took it down and turned the poles into trotting poles; if Molly had been over trotting poles before, it was before I had her so I didn't know what she'd make of them. She made nothing of them, was quite happy trotting over them.

And, I actually remembered how to canter, that is, how to get canter, so we got that and kept it going for a couple of circuits of the arena, so I was really pleased with me about that! that was right rein, couldn't get it left rein, but hey, non the less pretty good.

Course, when we started it was nicely cool and no sun; by half way through the sun was blazing down and I couldn't see going one way which was particularly unhelpful. Can't keep your head up and look through the horses ears when it hurts your eyes!

But I was very pleased with that altogether.

I think I'm getting more confidence now as well, which has to be an advantage!

No comments: