Friday, June 09, 2006

two days down

blogger was. no reason given just unexpected technical failure. I wasn't clever enough to write it up in word to paste in .... so three days worth tonight!

Wednesday - we discovered Molly has no objection to someone drilling holes in sandstone wall, but takes serious exception to a hoover (she broke the baler twine and took herself back to the field, lucky there were others about as I was sitting on the loo .....). I decided to lunge her; she decided she woulnd't go right rein again. TBF, it is a long time since I've lunged her, I've been keen just to ride her when I can, but it was tedious! what she did on left rein was pretty ok, but what a cow the other way. And the saddle rack is up, so can leave saddle locked up at yard, glad to get it out of the car at long last! And the person I sold the endurance suberpad to, is a regular reader, hello Jan! it's a small world, isn't it .....

Thursday, got the cheyenne back. the difference between the new pad and the previous was immediately obvious just taking it out of the car, clearly symmetrical. the difference is clear riding as well, feels a lot better and no rub. And no movement. Allison came out with us, we just walked round the 20 acre yet again!

Today - exceptionally, I'm usually too tired by Friday, rode again and gaynor came out (exceptional for her as well, but she'd been ill all week till yesterday!) and we walked round the 20 acre then turned right over the ford, along the side of a copse, through to the field, back through another gate and back along. Molly trotting and Charlie cantering, not at full tilt but Molly had her nose in front. We had planned to just walk, what with the heat. I wished afterwards I'd suggested we canter up the hill, they would have both enjoyed it and I need to get some faster work into Molly really.

Anyway, that's the quick recap on the week!

No comments: