Saturday, June 24, 2006

enjoyable ....

for the first time since I got Molly I felt I enjoyed a ride; which shows how much progress we have made.

5 of us went out, which normally i wouldn't have done as it can be too much. I picked where we went - down the park, under the road, canter up the hill, round the top and back down. Molly stayed in front for most of the way; the canter stayed in control even when she wasnt' in front (and that was my fault conflicting signals!); she did nap twice - once for no good reason and once because she wanted to go through a gate! - but on the other hand opened three gates, one of which is a total pig as the catch is overgrown by bushes, and didn't blink at trains over head. A total star. One gate I couldn't get her settled for and she was going backwards up the hill we'd just come down, but stayed at least pointing at it. so we were all very pleased.

No where near the perfect ride, but in control and listening .... so we are both improving.

Now if we could just get her to stand still at the mounting block....

No comments: