Friday, June 30, 2006

casualty

and all my own fault ...

I didn't check the girth properly after I'd got on (i didn't check it at all after I'd got on, tbh). not a problem until I got into canter - happily, we were inthe arena and there were others there, amazingly - and then I seemed to slip slightly to the left (we were on right canter lead, except I think she was on the wrong lead); I felt my ankle get turned and then I was losing my balance and fell off, landed heavily on left hip. I knew I'd done my ankle/foot before I landed, I was right, it's broken. And my own fault? the saddle slipped.

Molly was very good, just stopped - just as well, there was emily & her mate riding, wouldn't have been clever if everyone had gone totally pear shaped and molly skating about. she just stood there. I eventually was hauled up and limped back to the stable - gaynor put molly in and untacked her - but after 5 minutes i was non weight bearing and knew I had to go to hospital.

So this entry is late - i was there 3 hours (not bad really, they were very very busy) it should have been done earlier.

and all that was after Molly had pulled back yet again, this time succeeding in breaking her head collar .... so she's going to have to be put in her stable in stead of tied up outside.

I am not happy, quite apart from the pain, and the fact that I can't drive, and I can't afford the time off work having been off Monday, it's the inability to do anything.

Might be better after going to hospital tomorrow. Last time I did this, life was a lot easier with a pot on.

No comments: