Sunday, June 04, 2006

gp saddle

today i went down to north yorkshire for lunch - friend and her partner (a horse vet!) have a new to them house they are renting - mega - land, horses with them, wow - anyway, she'd been trying my GP on her horse, didn't fit so I brought it back with me.

Since it's the only saddle I had about, I thought I'd put it on Molly - and I'd foudn my gel pad as well - and see if she'd changed shape again. Went round the 20 acre again (not the best ride in the world, I realised too late my stirrups were seriously uneven so had to stay in walk) then when i got back put the stirrups right and went in the arena.

Last time i had the gp on her, it didn't fit, indentations behind the wither where the tree was pressing in. Today, no indentations ...... bizarre. I did try it with the gel pad last time, and it didn't make any difference. She's obviously changed shape again.

anyway, she was good again, went down the hill with ony one turn round (which was particularly impressive as on of the geldings, the one that she always stops and flirst with, was just there near the fence!) and quite happy to go on round the field. she did have one stop - some wildflowers that weren't there last time!!!! but that was all and she was ok about carrying on.

So I'm still pleased with her, and we're both gaining confidence in going out.

Will try the saddle again tomorrow.

Mind, it does feel very hard after riding in the cheyenne!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sparky's not living out all the time as yet, but he will be once the grass has been cut(next couple of weeks) and where living up there(on monday). He'll be out all night all day, with grazing muzzle on during the day and without it at night. He's out as much as possible at the moment though.

I can imagine that a treed saddle would feel hard after riding in a treeless for so long! I feel that if horses behave well on hacks it really boosts your confidence, and if they are naughty but you keep them under control and don't go for a flying lesson, that can heko too...sometimes...

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»