Saturday, June 10, 2006

morning ride

decided to ride this morning as we're going to morecambe again for a party (driving down while the match is on, should be no traffic about LOL).

So went down a bit too late to go out with a couple of them,never mind. Got her in and groomed etc and decdied to put on the fly veil I'd bought at the sale t'other week, it attaches to the bridle. She did not like that. She pulled back as it went over her face, pulle d the tie up ring out (it had been fixed to the stable door) and I got a rope burn, ouch. then later I realised she'd in fact pulled the door, I think the door jamb, so the door won't close. Will have to keep an eye on her in case she's done something to her poll/neck/back in consequence.

But went out for a ride anyway, young emily was out, just round the 20 acre yet again, in trot, I wanted to work on getting the trot better, which I managed, then a bit in the arena when we got back.

Then mowed the lawn when I came home; all before breakfast! had asked partner to mow the lawn, but ..... didn't happen.

forecast for thundery showers tomorrow so might not ride at all if it's doing that when we get back.

No comments: