Wednesday, June 14, 2006

shearing

when i got to the yard tonight, the sheep were being sheared. Certainly different from as seen in demonstration at county shows! and a couple of the owners were helping out by rolling the fleeces and sweeping up - but to the extent that Fay didn't clock what time it was until i asked her where gaynor was, fay was supposed to be at gaynor's babysitting whilst gaynor came out riding with me. Duh. I said, if I'm here it has to be at least 6pm .....

so i pottered about the arena, realised i hadn't put the saddle on right so had to get off and do it again, then stood and talked, then went back in the arena, then though, I'll go round our favourite field again only to be hijacked by one of the geldings who always wants to be at molly (or any mare ....) so i gave up, at which point gaynor arrived so i went up to the geldings field and up the side of it with her. that was vaguely successfull as i did get molly to the top of that hill on her own, which was the first time she'd done that and I dind't have my stick with me. so i suppose on balance it was a goodish sort of night...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, all the sheep are now bald. I' would have thought they'd have been done a while ago though...