Thursday, September 06, 2007

well.....

My lunge lesson was cancelled - instructor poorly! - so rode.

Couldn't go in the arena as the lami pony had just been put in there (not quite sure why that coulnd't happen through the day ....?) so thought i'd try and get round the 20 acre on my own.

down the hill she was really keen, we went through the gate into the field, went a little way to the half way mark - perhaps a third - and she wouldn't go any further.

I managed to get her circled to face the right way once... then she seemed to work out what my plan was and really set her jaw. coulnd't get her soft and where i wanted at all, so went back up.

went through the yard - but in her least favourite place going out the other side, there was some noise people were talking and she couldn't see them...... that was where she had the horrid fright first time we went out but hasn't forgotten it.

so we went back. she wanted to go into the arena but of course couldn't.

i hung about for a while - just, lets just stand here! - then set off down the hill again. two or three circles got her to the top of it but she wasn't keen on going further. wouldn't even follow the fisherman down the hill

so went back up

loitered some more. someone was waiting for another rider coming through so when she turned up i tagged on behind

of course, Molly then went round very nicely. wasn't at all spooked by one of the other horses getting seriously hyper

i could have carried on with them once we got round the field, but - of course, i'd taken my jacket off as it was so hot when i first got on, by this time there was no sun and i was really cold, so headed back along the lane and had some nice trot.

my position is improving a lot as well, i can really feel the stretch down in my thighs and that they are getting to the right place to be where they should be ....

overall i was pleased. i was able to get round eventually where Molly didn't want to do it to start, and I'm making progress myself. the best bit i think was that I didn't have to stop without having done anything!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Good strategy! You never REALLY let her totally get her own way. Well done.

It's so hard when they just won't go. Lucky you have other people around to ride with. I don't, so often, stuck is stuck. I've gotten off once or twice to just lead. *sigh*