Sunday, September 09, 2007

some nice trot

I took my schooling stick in with me - didnt' need to use it though, she woke up substantially knowing i had it in my hand! to the extent that she was trotting when i didnt' really want her to. but hey, had the desired effect.

After that I put the stick down on top of a wall (for easy access, it's just the right height as you're sitting on the horse!)

and then went to working on jaw softening. by the end we had it, and i had some really nice trot right rein..... but then spoilt it by trying to do the same left rein.

i think partly i was trying too hard, never helps!

but she stayed soft in walk even if i couldn't get it in trot.

also, she seems to have her mother's ability to put you on the wrong diagonal - very tedious! until now i'd rather thought it was me, but today i realised it wasn't, it's her - it's exactly the same, as if she puts an extra half stride in or something!

when i got off, i looked at my boots - which i'd cleaned yesterday. guess i need more work on my leg position! the sweat marks show me up, of course.

oddly, i think it's easier to get that right when out than when in the arena - possibly, trying to hard in the arena, possibly more relaxed when out, don't know...

and this morning? went back and bought that jacket for myself - having googled it last night, the priced was a fantastic bargain for a really good jacket. happily they had one left my size!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Sorting out crookedness--horse and rider can be a daunting task. Just be patient with yourself. The first hurdle is overcome--recognizing the problem.

Fixing it all will take time.

Molly's jaw setting has to do with what her body is doing, so if you can fix her body, the mouth SHOULD come right along.

Good on you with the jacket! Finding a good bargain always makes my day brighter.