Tuesday, September 11, 2007

b****** flies

and as for the fishing gear .. tonight we were stopped by one of the fishermen telling me a long story about a man who's given him huge expensive quantities of Hardy's fishing equipment in thanks for something he did 3 years ago......

Actually, I think Molly's not too bothered about most things that spook others, just about useful things like going out on her own...

tnoight we went in the arena - no one about to ride out with anyway.... and i did some straighten me excercises and got some nice trot, was pleased.

the fisherman said (he'd been watching me walk round very straight!) that i looked like a mounted policewoman ... i suppose I was doing what i intended to then, but not sure i like the comparison.


After he'd told me his tale, i gathered Molly up again and we went in a really nice trot round a couple of times with a really nice trot walk transition and halt. granted she's not through behind, but in the scale of where we've been lately, a lot better

and the flies? swarms of midges, everywhere... eauch.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I hate bugs, I hate the heat!!! Ok, I'm better now.

Well, the image of a policewoman to me would be someone sitting up nice and tall and looking very competent on the horse. So, all in all, I'd suspect it was a compliment.

Don't worry about engagement now. The straightness from both of you will make that happen much more easily as time goes on.