Thursday, September 13, 2007

rotherham

is where I've been today, site visit for a case (watching engineering expert take vibration measurements of client doing a few jobs - me, defendant's solicitor, defendant's trainee, and two of defendant's management....)

just got back 19:44 ... so no work for molly tonight!

but I do love my new car! sticks at the speed I want (70, the limit); comes back to me (an odd phrase re a car, I know, but you know what I mean) when I want to slow down; mega good fuel consumption on that run and it's good on ordinary...

and called round at friends to drop stuff off and pick up some of mine (she'd forgot to leave it out so I didn't in fact pick it up ) and her ma filled me with tea and cake. oops. so no dinner for me, might have some toast for supper...

and my satnav (installed on palm) decided a fatal exception whilst it was meant to be navigating was good. has been doing that when it was in fact switched off altogether, if i hadn't exited the programme, but this is the first time it's done it whilst running. so I think it's probably time for a stand alone ... at least it didn't do it on a road i didn't know! and of course at least with a palm you can reset and start over rather than with pocket pc where you could crash altogether. but still, not clever.

never mind, it don't really owe me anything (ebay bargains)

1 comment:

Jean said...

Good news about the car. How nice to have the right vehicle at the right time.

Busy day for you, then. But as long as your tummy's full and you are home safe and sound, it was a good one.