Monday, September 24, 2007

autumn is here

with a vengeance - if you count the rain. although it was warm tonight. some of trh others were drying their horses off and rugging, but Molly was so warm, if i'd rugged she would have overheated.

i did the history last night as Caroline had asked a question and it occurred to me that a lot of Molly's history was scattered about, some of it on the previous blog which is probably now history (because i haven't kept it active at all, so it will have been deleted) so worth doing. probably would be useful if I could work out how to "pin" that ...

Anyway, jean, you had recommended an AC and my neighbour at the yard had had a local one out, and i had a chance to talk to her about it tonight uninterrupted by passing visitors (one advantage of a damp evening!!!!).

so I think I'll organise that, despite my scepticisim.... I think Kirstie's not one for having the wool pulled over her eyes, and I know you're not either jean, so i guess I won't lose anything except a few quid and might learn something!

3 comments:

Jean said...

The key is to get a good communicator. Mine is excellent and her perceptions have proven very reliable as well as specific.

Hopefully you will be spending your money wisely. Has this communicator done well with other horses at your yard?

It is an interesting experience nonetheless. By the by, my communicator "talks" to my Boys from some 3000 miles away as she is based in California on the other side of the US. I have worked with her up close and personal, though, so we have met in person several times.

What you need to do is have some very specific questions requiring specific answers. Horses tend to be very black and white at times. At the end of each questioning session, I do ask if the horse has anything special he wants to tell me that we didn't cover so the Boys always have their say.

Nicola said...

Im somewhere in the middle re AC but you've got nothing to lose like you say other than a little bit of money so might be worth a shot?!

Her backround is pretty up and down isnt it!

Re Simple Systems we get the feed delivered to our yard there's a few of us on it so we usually get 3/4deliverys a year and it cost nothing cos the orders are over a certain amount. I find it last so much longer than any other feed ive used. The YO is going through twice as much feed as me through the winter and she's got pony's and SS its no more expensive either.

Claire said...

Nicola, I'll see how the top spec goes, but if I were to go to simple systems i'd be in trouble as no one is allowed to deliver on our yard unless they ahve a licence (and there's only one person has a licence, and he only does hay & straw! the local feed merchant/shavings supplier isn't allowed on, so i can't think what they'd say if the lady from ilton turned up with a load of simple systems feed!