Tuesday, September 25, 2007

a short ride

before it started raining again, which it looked as though it well might!

Didn't do as much as I'd have liked - someone else came into the school to lunge, and since she couldn't get her horse going (methinks it could do with someone like Max out....) whilst she wasn't getting in the way as such, it was a bit difficult to remain in one half of the arena as she was impinging on it! then someone else wanted to come in and do the same, and since I'd done 20 minutes by then i just left it there (bearing in mind it takes molly 1/2 hour to eat her tea!).

I'm concentrating on my hands being still, as I think I said the other day, and i think that's helping a lot. Not getting quite so much "set jaw"! in fact only one instance of it and that's probably because I wasn't thinking ahead of her enough.

I have, apparently, developed another bad habit according to my RI - looking TOO FAR round the bend when circling etc - I know why as well, because when Molly doesn't want to go the way I want, RI always said look the way you want to go (which sometimes ends up with me looking a long way round, if we're going totally the wrong way LOL). So also thinking about that.

My trot wasn't as good as recently, but not bad and I was able to get it back again without too much grief.

I think I also need to work on some mounted exercises for my legs to stretch my hips/thighs.

ground work tomorrow I think, and my bridle needs oiling (that's the new one). I didn't fully oil it when i bought it, bit of a mistook, just put the newly bought leather conditioner on and I really don't think that has the full desired effect!

AC's - anyone have a view on one who's been trained by distance learning?

1 comment:

Jean said...

Tried to see if there was a list of AC's connected to Jeri Ryan's website. She is my communicator. Here is her bio: http://assisianimals.org/JeriRyan-Bio.html

Also, this website has info.
http://www.animaltalk.net/consultlist.htm

You could perhaps email Jeri to see if she could recommend someone. I don't know how good she is about responding to emails, though. Use my name if you do. Jean Dvorak. She should recognize my name! *G*

Hate it when the ring is too busy to get in a good school. Still, you accomplished something.

Riding without stirrups can help stretch your legs, even if you just do it at the walk!