Friday, August 31, 2007

Vista

I'm wrestling with it.

Partner replaced the laptop, nice toshiba; Vista preloaded. yes i could have got one with XP online, but I don't know about you, I like to see what i'm buying.....

and I invested in office home & student as well (open office is all very well, but I don't really like it, probably because I need everything to work with the office system and i find it don't....) ..but i think i'll have to buy outlook. I'm using thunderbird at the moment, and much prefer outlook which I find easier to use

also have to wrestle with installing all my favourites....

the weather was windy and my head was killing me - I am SO looking forward to seeing the optician tomorrow - so we just fed Molly after we'd bought the laptop and then had dinner out, to save cooking ....

2 comments:

Jean said...

Is Vista cursed? Don't know. My computer friends are divided on it. You'll be fine. Nice to have a new machine, regardless.

I was at my eye doctor today. My blog tells the whole story, but I had a little thorn from a cockleburr in my eye!

Hope your head feels better. Eyestrain is really frustrating.

James said...

I just did the eyes three weeks ago I see SO much better now. Ban you believe I am near sighted in one and far sighted in the other with a lazy eye to add to my optical mayhem??