Tuesday, August 28, 2007

oops

you know when you dismantle a bridle and have to put it back together again? i think -in fact I know - i should have taken a photo before I started dismantling ... this is the bridle, very nice, plain black. I think i've cocked up the strapping on the noseband... and i think i need the noseband higher than i had it...

Molly let me get on no bother, which pleased me no end after 10 days off.

i was working on keeping myself upright and straigh. when i had it right, it was clear from her way of going, and when i had it wrong that was equally clear. i think i concentrated too much on keeping the weightin each leg even and don't think i managed it....

did i say, i think it's odd as normally i keep my weight off my right leg such that it's forever coming upwards....

anyway,didn't get that feeling so much tonight, so i suppose that's a good sign....

and finished before the rain - when we got home the heavens opened!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Don't feel bad about the bridle. I have had YEARS of experience taking bridles apart and putting them back together. A few years ago,I took my double bridle apart and went to a lesson only to find two of the pieces fastened totally wrong to the bit.

Sometimes thinking too hard makes you lose the feel. You need to find the balance between the brain and the body.

Still, what a good girl Miss Molly was. Perhaps she was happy to have you riding again after the long layoff. *S*