Wednesday, August 15, 2007

working on trot

in the dry, happily!

she moves better in the arena, you're right Jean, because it's better going (if a bit deep!) so i worked on keeping my position right, keeping my rise low and keeping her going where i wanted to (after I'd got off, adjusted the saddle and got back on again ... sometimes I don't put it on quite centrally, not assisted by her slight asymmetry, and it was really obvious tonight!). I was a bit better, I think and we got some nice circles. I'd forgot to put my sunglasses back on which made left rein difficult (straight into the evening sun up the long side, painful!).

her walk is improving and she's not arguing with the bit so much in that.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Good going. A day or two of good work like that and you'll be fine.

It's just a matter of getting the right feel...and the saddle in the right place. *grin*