Saturday, August 04, 2007

success

got on at th emounting block by myself with no help

took three goes - but she wasn't moving her bum away from me, she was moving forward. and I didn't get off, just kept turning her back to me .. at one point i thought i'd try getting on the wrong side, but she moved forward again... YAY.

then went in the arena (had thought I might go out, but that would have been pushing it!!) and did some work, my rising trot was better but I wasn't really trying for anything exciting since the success of the day had already been achieved.

i suppose arguably i should have got off again and then got back on.....

1 comment:

Jean said...

Way to go!!

Well, maybe you should have gotten off and mounted again, but a nice unstressful ride after the mounting was a good reward for your girl too.

Molly's cooperation is showing how she is getting less and less anxious about being worked. It's probable that she is really beginning to understand what you are asking of her and it's no longer upsetting for her to try things.

Most horses I've met seem to want to be good and give people trouble because they get as frustrated as their riders trying to figure out what being good is all about.

Well done for sure.