Sunday, August 12, 2007

the Ford

Molly went through it - with barely even a hesitation, let alone an argument - on the way back from a nice slowish hack out with Jackie on piper. I was really pleased, as by that time she'd got totally fed up with my telling her to keep her jaw soft! but there we were, through it. Really good, so now she's no excuse for not doing that one!!!!!

I must have a lesson, and must try and see if I can get the agent to see horse & saddle yet. I'm even more sure i've not got it set up right/i'm not right, and i'm not sure which is first..... can't get the trot right when i'm out at all, and found myself bashing back on the cantle whilst trying not to. not clever, and accounts for the sewing machine (who can blame her).

On the other hand, my sitting trot is getting better, assisted by the sit tights.....it's as if i'm sitting better and feeling better, so that's better, but have lost the ability to rise to the trot altogether....ah well, in the scale of things, that's not such a huge problem and no doubt i'll get it right again soon. all this not riding over the last 3 years hasn't helped!

but - we got a few canter strides as well, up a hill on a track, thought i'd go for it as i haven't cantered since i fell off last June (06, that is....)

partner and her friend spent today making this:
Mr I Hulk.

for a "find the scarecrow" game as part of the village fair next weekend. To be put up in our garden Saturday morning.. and in the meantime to frighten us all in the dark!!!!

1 comment:

Jean said...

You can try making your stirrups shorter if you are having trouble posting. It may help.

Otherwise the ride sounds grand. Wonder if Molly would have been so brave about the water if she knew she was "giving up the game," for the next time? Now that you know she'll do it, you'll expect it all the time! *VBWG*

Your hulky scarecrow would scare me if he were in my house...at night...and I had to get up from a sound sleep...and I'd forgotten he was there...

"Find the scarecrow?" What are the rules? I do presume Mr. Hulkguy has to be outside somewhere? ---with crows sitting on his shoulders, completely unperturbed by his presence? *lol*