Saturday, August 18, 2007

jetwashing

the stable and the rubber mats - and inside the haybar - in consequence of which i'm filthy .... but looks a lot better. i should really paint, but doubt that i will - maybe next year! earlier in the year.

and went up to see instructor - decided i need a lunge lesson, and wasn't sure if she still had a horse to do that with. Old Spuddy (home bred by her OH, must be hitting 20 now -spuddy, that is - so called as he was born in the potato shed!) will do the job and I'm going up Thursday after work. note to self - put hat in car! Makes much more sense to work on myself whilst NOT on molly!

Don't think I'll do any work with molly today though ... totally knackered, and still have to go back with the Stanley knife to trim the rubber matting, it's amazing how it spreads over a winter!

edited to add - nearly cut my finger off with the Stanley knife....well, not quite, but I've bled a lot!

and it rained a lot as well...

1 comment:

Jean said...

The rubber mats are really interesting. I my barn they somehow manage to shift position. I can't move them myself, but on their own they go all over the place. Tucker's have two big gaps that are now holding wet stuff.

Do be careful with that knife--nasty things. Hopefully the copious bleeding cleaned the wound pretty thoroughly.

Good idea about the lunge lesson, and don't forget your hat!! Your hat!! Your hat!!! *G*