Tuesday, August 07, 2007

the cat

was vetted by my horse vet .. who was slumming it at a different practice. well that's not quite right, he's reduced his time at the horse practice and is doing reduced days and is no longer in the partnership there, so was locuming (is there such a word) at the small animal practice the cats get taken to...

he's got a gum infection, for which he got a jab of antibiotics, but there's some concern about other infection/whatever and if the excess salivation don't clear up in a couple of days, take him back for tests.

that's depressing, he's not young and broke his hip earlier this year....

as for molly - she was pleased to see me when i finally got there.

now, here's a thing. last night i found a myler combination, the right size, new on ebay, very good buy it now price, so i bought it. today, my money was refunded, "due to urgent unforeseen circumstances" it was withdrawn ... after i'd bought it?.... duh.

2 comments:

James said...

I did not know the seller could do that on Ebay. Live and learn.

Jean said...

Urgent circumstances? EBay sellers can retract, but if they do it too often, then they are in trouble. Strange. Maybe the horse suddenly needed the bit? Or, worse yet, someone else outside of eBay bought it? Hopefully it wasn't any kind of shady deal.

Gum infection? Poor kitty. My vet wants me to get one of my kitty's teeth cleaned. Costs a bundle, but your story reminds me it's an important part of kitty care.