Thursday, August 09, 2007

back to work for molly

longlining.

She did very nicely, no argument at all. and I didn't rope circle first.

Lots of trot both reins, we strictly need more space than we have in our arena, but we're doing really well. Halt is a bit difficult; but i'm still longlining in the bitless, until i'm totally confident about what I'm doing..

at the end she was standing square so i thought i'd try flapping one rein against her side to see if she'd go sideways; she didn't get that and didn't really appreciate it! but hey, we'll learn.

and the garden man? seemed to be going ok until he got to talking about rotovating. we have bindweed, and if there's one thing you don't do, it's rotovate bindweed. I started discussing this, and he had a tantrum said he didn't want the job and buggered off sharpish. My view, if the man won't debate something as basic as that, i don't want him ...

1 comment:

Jean said...

Good for Molly. The improvements are still coming in leaps and bounds. What a good girl she is.

As for the garden guy--good riddance. I hate contractors who refuse to discuss what you, the customer, want. I still have a few things here at the house that don't satisfy because my contractors did it "their" way instead of mine. Too late then to do anything, but I learned my lesson.