Saturday, September 26, 2009

breakthrough?

we went round the 20 acre on our own, with a fair amount of trot, and NO signs of backing off once we'd got through the gate at the bottom of the hill out of the yard that had been left shut (I never understand why that's shut, there's no livestock either side of it and the gate at the other end is never shut...go figure)

happily, a lass from blackdene was coming the other way and did the gate (and i met her on the way back as well, as we essentially both did a circle, one of us one way, the other, the other!)


and i dropped my stick there, so whilst molly was eating her tea after i walked back down to get it.

I was WELL impressed.  whoo hoo!


i reckon this is a function of 2 things

1.  no bute & cortiflex
2.  longlining 

3 comments:

Mary Lou said...

It took me forever to figure out how not having bute contributed to your success today. Then, while I was cooking I realized that it was nobute (devils claw). Duh! I hope you have many more days like this to come! Did I tell you that Tetley too is on devils claws and cortaflex?

Di said...

I'm impressed too Claire, well done!!

Jean said...

Fantastic!! I am so happy for you. This will certainly make your ridng days much more fun!