Monday, November 19, 2007

tempting fate

That's what i did last night by talking about the slippy mud and Blake's occasional tendency to bounce a bit when being taken out.

he was, in fact, good as gold. But that didn't stop my right foot slipping, Blake standing on it, and then me falling my length in the mud .....

i had to go home and have a second shower after I mucked out, and i haven't looked at the foot since then but anticipate a mahoosive bruise.

the jodhpurs & knickers I had on - which were clean on - got taken off IN the shower then left to soak all day. the jacket got left to try and dry in the tack/feed store area, and currently is in the washer without washing liquid to try and rinse all the mud off, along with the gloves. the plastic bags I'd had in the boot to protect it from plant dirt ended up on the car seat to protect it from mud whilst i drove home for the shower...

and I've been really stiff all day, so must have really jarred myself up!

Oh, and younger cat decided the catch for last night was - a PHEASANT! FULL GROWN! goodness only knows where he got that from, we don't GET pheasants in the churchyard or anywhere near the house...

and that was all in the dark.

5 comments:

cptrayes said...

Well that's a first on me. Me have a ton of pheasants outside and three hunting cats, but thankfully they have never brought one in! I do hope they didn't pluck it like they do the smaller birds!!!

C

Jean said...

Ah, the joys of winter in the dark. Hope you are not too sore. I can only imagine how miserabley you must have felt on the drive home.

I can't say even my feral cats have ever tackled a pheasant! That is certainly one ambitious hunter. Must have been quite pleased with himself about that one!

Muriel said...

A PHEASANT LOL !!! A very competent cat .. we have bird ( last one was a robin;-( ), mice, in the past we had babies rabbits and moles but a pheasant never!
Clumsy you to fall in the mud ... Did you use it for a facial? ;-p

Nicola said...

Hey people pay fortunes for mud packs:))) ..had to laugh!

My mum's Border killed a Pheasant once with her muzzle on..she head butted it to death,Lovely!

sweet rose said...

My cat brought in a half grown rabbit but never a pheasant. She had to open the wooden storm door while carrying the rabbit in her mouth. She was so proud.