Tuesday, November 13, 2007

and a lie in

thanks to friend doing early turnout! and I was so glad. didn't muck out until about 0900 on the way to the dentist.

Molly did a little bit of groundwork tonight, rope circling - worth doing that at least once a week, although probably should do more. I hadn't dried my glove off properly after it got wet this morning, the result was raynaud's in the right index finger which is pretty painful so we only did about 10 minutes work. but she was better about going right again this time (maybe the lunging last week helped!). But, she insists on coming in to me when i haven't asked her to when she's stopped, and so i have to send her back out again without moving myself. tedious. She is, i think, starting to find it easier to cross her hind legs when i ask for turn on forehand, so that's good, must be doing something vaguely right.

there's an auction (for a charity) on EE ATM and someone put up an EE etc. lesson within 2 hours of sheffield. I'm within 2 hours of sheffield so i've bid on that, so far the winning bid. I'm at the extreme of 2 hours from Sheffield, but it is 2 hours! assuming no traffic jams or other horrors....

and I'm seriously thinking about changing RI....

Wagon is still where I left it; it is going to be taken to vendor's fitter and looked at. consensus still is muck in fuel through being left.

I have said that next time i have to do that sort of trip i will go the day before (I'd been saying that anyway, but was over-ridden)

5 comments:

Jean said...

Good luck with the bidding. Two hours, is two hours....

I am in agreement about the fuel in the wagon. It is the most likely suspect if there was nothing wrong with the engine previously. Good luck there too.

Molly really seems to be focusing on you now. That is a good sign.

Muriel said...

I would not tell her off when she comes in .. she is asking question ..."how long do I have to circle for?"

Maybe you ought to change direction more often 2 circles to teh right change 3 to the left change etc... asking for a halt asking for a up transition ... basically asking for something any 2 circles ...
She won't get bored!

When she comes in to you .. do not tell her off, just ask her to move to you, then back her and send her again ...

Good luck!

Not convinced by your "wagon" at all !

I am coming to ENGLAND YAHOOO!

sweet rose said...

I have always loved horses but have never owned one. Really enjoy reading your blog, am learning a lot.

Claire said...

Hi rose! thanks for your visit. glad to see another american on here, where are you?

hope you're reading some of the other blogs in my favourites list, you'll learn a lot more from them, i think...

sweet rose said...

I am in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Saw your comment in my blog. This is neat talking to someone in England.