Friday, November 16, 2007

martin luther king

40 years ago this week, was given an honorary degree by the University of Newcastle upon Tyne (about 12 miles from here) and came over in person to be given it. I didn't know that before; it was on the local radio station tonight, as they are doing a special event commemorating the occasion. I didn't know he'd been to the UK at all (but I guess I can be forgiven, I was 12 at the time and he was killed about 5 months later). I do remember the following April when he was shot - I suppose by the following year I was taking more notice of what was going on in the world.

As for Molly - everyone had gone home by the time I got to the yard, and partner's going out tonight, so I didn't do anything - save put a heavier rug on. unusually she was feeling cool, most of last winter she was fine with the lightweight, but i guess we've been having much colder weather than this time last year....it'll be totally filthy by the end of the week, from clean on tonight!

Tomorrow a friend is coming to give her reiki; don't know whether it'll help or not, but friend offered and it's for free, you never know! friend does massage as well....

4 comments:

Nicola said...

Thats interesting!

I didnt use my heavyweight rugs at all last year but think they'l be coming out this year somehow!
..that human or horsey massage??
Got my Bowen lady coming out tomorrow to give Polo a going over be interesting to see what she thinks about Alig and if he has any niggles or soreness anywhere too.

Jean said...

It's always interesting to have a massage or other health therapist work on your horse. You can learn so much.

I have far too many rugs. My Aunt who lives next door says my horses dress better than she does.

Claire said...

both sorts of massage...

who do you use for bowen?

sweet rose said...

So much has happened in our lifetimes. My granddaughter who is 11 was amazed that when I was young there were no computers or TV. We had radio and books. We were also talking about my aunt's childhood. She is 30 yrs. older than me and she had no radio. My granddaughter said oh she must have read alot. There have been so many inventions while we have been here. It is almost expected that things will improve from today until tomorrow.