Sunday, November 18, 2007

at least we didn't get snow

as caroline did ....but an awful lot of rain. It's going to be horrid leadinv them out in the morning, the track to the field gate is very slippy. Molly wil be OK but BLake, my friend's horse, has a tendency to pull a shade if he think's HIS friend is out. Hopefully he'll behave!

Plus, this morning the road to the yard was closed - apparently there'd been a fatality (one assumes an RTA) at about 0500 - not only did they close that road, they seemed to have closed all the roads roundabout and people had to remove bollards to get to the various yards! don't know what the police think people are supposed to do! and we didn't see any anyway! Open again by tonight.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Rain here too. Not heavy. Just cold and annoying.

I don't think the police ever worry if people can get anywhere when they close roads. We had a fire here a few years ago and they closed a main road so they could run a water line across it. Traffic was backed up for hours and, days, as it turned out. The police never told anyone or posted any kind of detour signs until you got right to the spot. By then getting around was total gridlock.

My road was closed off at both ends one time and, had I not argued with an officer, I never would have been able to get to my own house. Wonder where I would have spent the night?