Saturday, July 28, 2007

the madam

wouldn't stand still at the stool for me to get on.

did some rope circling - left, right, stand, back, forward

did some longlining - she stood stock still whilst I attached the long lines, and whilst I took them off.

Then she followed me to the fenceline where I'd left the reins (next time I'll have them wrapped round me - I also wanted to get the longlines out of the way rather than leave them all over the arena...)

so when she wouldn't stand still, we went back to the circling etc., then tried again; and again; and again; and eventually I looked at the time, we'd been at it over an hour and I had to think abot stopping as I knew I'd have to pick partner up at the local railway station..... so we finished on her going right in trot.

the stool is at a height where if she steps into it she gets my legs and I HAVE to go back off it. she knows this, I think .... depressing.

So we'll keep trying.

Possibly not tomorrow though; have to finish clearing partner's parent's house so it's empty for the buyers.

and - we've got tickets for Kris Kristofferson at the Sage Gateshead tomorrow night! really didn't expect there to be any, but there we are, sorted!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Ah, you simply have to have the right kind of mounting block....soon, I hope. Your carpenter friend will make you a beautiful one, I'm sure!

Enjoy your concert. Sounds great! And I hope the weather is improving.