Monday, July 23, 2007

good work...

sorted out the training halter, I finished up with it right last night and checked with pictures when i got home; Molly was working better tonight, thinking about it all more. A bit of a challenge right rein, but doing it without the huge strops. a bit of a challenge going to her right from a standstill, but that will come. A bit of a challenge getting her to turn in straight to face me when she's been going left (she wants to stand so i am on her left slightly) but easily sorted by moving myself slightly and pushing her back using the visual cue of the snaky rope. And an oddity - stand her facing me, and she moves backwards; does she think that's what I want her to do? not sure. Clearly what I want is for her to stand where I put her. and on right rein - took a lot longer to get her to a place where she would keep a trot going, so stopped after I'd got that.

Onlooker commented that it looked good.

Jean, the event i missed would have been dancing horses AND dancing people (probably together on occasion... saw something part of the same thing when we went to see Appassionata last year). Very disappointed not to have got there....

the skin condition improved substantially to the extent that the hands were just about clear by this morning and the feet were able to wear socks all day yesterday and today.

By the close of business tonight, though, I can see the hands starting to give up again, so that leads me back to the contact dermatitis to something at work.

the legs are a lot better but not perfect and there's other bits still not right, but a substantial improvement on where i was even on the day I set off for the holiday.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Good for Molly and you. That is substantial progress.

Flamenco and horses would have been really interesting! Too bad.

Now you have to find out what it is at work. Some kind of cleaner they use? That would be my first suspicion. Who cleans the offices? Could be they switched to some new product.

Although you can also build up an intolerance to something that hasn't bothered you before as well just by too much repeated exposure.

I guess I'd start by trying to find something that changed.

Have you considered allergy testing? I had blood tests done here that showed what I was sensitive to.

James said...

Good to here the hands and legs giving some relief for a chance, maybe this is a trend!