Wednesday, July 04, 2007

june & the 4th of july

June was apparently the wettest june since records began.... july isn't going to be much better at this rate.

4th of July - american independence day - this is for jean & james and any other american readers. I live not too far from Washington - the original washington, site of washington Old Hall where George Washington's family originated. They have a friendship arrangement thing with Washington DC, and today there was lots of Independence Day celebrations. They even have the John F Kennedy primary school (that's for children under about 7 ....). so that made the local news.

and here's a picture of Molly's leg....
it's looking vast amounts better, i'm really pleased with it.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Molly's leg looks great. Nice to see it healing so well.

I just came back from a 4th of July picnic. It is threatening to rain, so I don't know what will happen with the fireworks. I usually don't go as I can see several displays from the pasture.

Interesting that we have so many links to Britain despite the war for our independence. Seems you never really do go far from "home" after all.

James said...

Thanks for the history! I love to learn new things and I did not know that at all....