Sunday, April 16, 2006

mmm well

i think i've forgotten how to ride ... well, not really, but MUST have a couple of lessons. I can't crack the canter aid at all at the moment, which isn't helpful. I think this is partly because Molly isn't working through properly and fighting the contact, and also because I ain't riding right. Mind, we weren't helped today - three mares with their heads over the fence, and they ahve to be avoided at all costs in case of them biting/molly trying to kick them. After that I took her up the lane again, we're getting better at getting through the yard and into the lane, and then into the copse and back round by the geldings field. Then i insisted she go back into the arena and I worked on walk and contact.

I can't make my mind up whether to ride shorter or longer. I want to do dressage, so longer is what i should be.

But I HAVE made my mind up to buy a suberpad for under the saddle; if the western suber numnah isn't available, then the western suber without numnah will be bought ... the current grandeur pad just ain't right on her.

Gaynor was going for a blast round the gallops, so I cried off that one - and she fell off, as Charlie shied at a hurdle fence he wasn't being asked to jump.

And then I went to the saddlers (there's one not too far away open until 7every night!) for fly repellent - and came away with some nice
ariat riding trainers
, they were in the sale, and I shouldn't have, but they are comfy and can be ridden in .. and I love Ariat footwear. I was really annoyed with myself yesterday, there was a pair of paddock boots on ebay i meant to bid for, they went for £26!!!!!!! retail they're about £70. so that'll teach me to forget stuff .... very annoyed really.

No comments: