Friday, April 21, 2006

fertiliser

next week they are going to start fertilising the fields, in preparation for which the one next to my barn has been halved with some electric fencing. next week the geldings go in. the week after, our mares go in - which puts them next to the geldings that are normally in that field. I think I might ahve mentioned this the other night. just to keep us further entertained, we in the barn have to take the horses all the way round the outside of the barn to go in the gate at the other end - rather than straight out through the gate next to the barn entrance. there no doubt is an explanation for that ....

I'd like to think they'll be out by then anyway, but it's not looking hopeful .... people keep saying its cold, and granted tonight's a bit nippy for me, but ....

and granted the grass is not fully through, but it's enough for the few mares using the mares field! (especially, of course, as Molly is carrying overweight).

Anyway, I'll get back on her tomorrow, with the new suberpad, and see how she goes. HOpe i don't have to have the vet again, and hope I'll have some company ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jthanks for the vet recommendation, will look them up.
Just caught up on all the entries I've missed, hope molly's lameness has gone down by tommorrow.