Thursday, April 27, 2006

back in 1998

i knacked my right wrist (i'm right handed) in an RTA. consultants said it would get better after a year. it didn't, it got worse (a few years later I discovered it should have had some physio, effectively an untreated soft tissue injury). so now I can't write, can't do anything fiddly for too long - and sometimes the bones in the joint knack..

That's today. It was going yesterday, and went with a vengeance today. Picked a kettle up at lunchtime - ouch!

So I shall have to dig my wrist support out (or buy a new one) and retrieve my magnetic bracelet from partner (oddly, it does in fact help!) and take painkillers.

So Molly got a night off, which was a shame as she's being going really nicely this week, but tbh i did feel the wrist last night, especially when I was taking the saddle off (and it's a really light saddle).

for those who are wondering, how can I type? it's a damn sight less painful and I've set my desk up at home so that it's ergonomically correct for me!

the daft thing is - for a claimant PI solicitor - i believed the consultant, as one does, and settled the claim (it wasn't my fault, someone drove into me from the side!) for a massive undervalue .... ggrrhh. but it informs my advice to clients when they have such injuries!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a friend of mine got hit in the wrist with a hockey stick, therefore was unable to write with her right hand for a few weeks. She started writing with her left hand and actually became quite good at it...hmmm...

Claire said...

I always said hockey was a very dangerous pastime .....

I had to write with my left hand once many years ago when I broke my wrist, a nightmare as I was doing 6 months in conveyancing at the time, no such thing as a pc in those days, trying to make legible notes , oh dear.....