Wednesday, April 19, 2006

grass?

I know I said yesterday Molly's ready to be out, which she is, but she also wants to be in - she didn't stop grazing until about 5 seconds before i got her in, and then fell on the haylage as if she hadn't eaten all day .... mind, it is good haylage!

won't be going out until at least next thursday; the horse that normally would have also been turned out by now isn't as it has to go to the vet monday for three days or so! so her owner's a bit to take away in consequence. and everyone else thinks it's still too cold overnight.

Apparently our field is going to be fertilized soon - so the other field is split in half with electric fencing and the mares go in one half. that'll be fun, not! They'll all start flirting, and riots will be had.

The suberpad arrived this morning (mega service from bettersaddles, as usual!) at the office, and I don't know what I was expecting, in the cloth, so to speak, it doesn't look as large as you'd think it would be from the pictures! Anyway, will try it on saturday after she's had her week off, and we'll see what happens. But I won't be going in the arena, I don't think!

No comments: