Monday, April 17, 2006

lame - ? shoulder

well, Molly is lame.

Working in the arena again tonight - no sign of anyone going out for a hack of any sort.

walking fine, trot - not. Kangaroo hopping was what it felt like half the time, interspersed with odd bits of nice steps.

Trotted to the barn to get someone to come have a look, and of course she was fine (a straight line); trotted back to the arena, still fine in a straight line. A few circles either way, seemed ok save for a couple of moments when I felt her wrong but the others couldn't see it.

Caroline (there's too many Caroline's in my life, this is clearly not caroline of smartie's diary or caroline my sister!) offered to get on so that I could see. Molly was hopping, and caroline felt it as I and the others saw it. Off fore.

My feeling is it's in her shoulder. She may have been kicked at some point and nothing to show so I wouldn't know, who knows.

I had thought she was choppy on saturday, right rein worse than left, and there was still the same difference today.

So, she gets the week off, next weekend straight lines and we'll see how we go. Also, I buy a suberpad, even if the endurance subernumnah isn't available yet. I'm not happy with the grandeur pad at all and showing photos to friend's partner (a vet, who'd just been on a course about backs and saddles .... !) took the same view as me, something not right. So that's more money, but I should be able to sell the grandeur pad on ebay (anyone want one? for sale ....)

on a more positive note, my friend took the old GP to try on her horse, whose old saddle doesn't now fit her, so that'll be good if they buy that!

And finally, welcome all who've followed me (there, delusions of grandeur, me!) from 20six and any and all who might start reading this now.

for the history, see the link to molly & the bitless bridle ...

No comments: