Monday, September 22, 2008

a visitor!

Stephanie came for the day, enjoyed the visit as always!

She says she thinks I'm trimmer - must be all the walking, LOL!

She also thought - not having seen Molly since the end of July - that she is changing shape in the right way, so that was pleasing also!

and Molly? we thought, lunge and in hand work, the plan had been of course lunge in walk, but Molly wanted to go faster - so we let her, and - get this - I got CANTER - YAY! haven't been able to get canter on the lunge with a horse since I can't remember when! did it. both reins.

then back to in hand work after she'd got that out of her system, and that went really well left rein - not so good right rein, but then that's both our worst sides of course. but very pleased

and the poor mare had both of us scab picking, one on each back leg - so she couldn't do anything about it, can't kick out at both of us!

2 comments:

cptrayes said...

I can never seem to get canter on the lunge.

C

Jean said...

And I have trouble sometimes getting my Boys out of the canter on the lunge. Toby gets going like a metronome and just keeps going and going.....

Wonder what the issue is? I have honestly never had a problem getting my horses to canter--and that includes Chance who is not a Thoroughbred.

Still, sounds like another good day with compliments and successes. Molly's legs are getting better??? Hope so.