Wednesday, September 24, 2008

shattered....

well, my legs are.

Jill and I set off mounted (lush saddle...) and were going to go up to the pub then right up Marks Lane and back round through the village...

we got nearly to the pub, and someone started giving it what for with clattering metal behind the farm opposite the pub, and Molly wasn't having that - turned round - i could NOT get her to stop very on her toes ...

finished up back at yard, got off, and then turned rond and WALKED her out, we did the full thing we were going to do mounted.

then Jill's Oscar wasn't right, so she got off and led as well.

Did try to get back on Molly moo at the only suitable spot, but she wasn't having that at all ...

and of course, i was still in mylong riding boots, so have discovered a corn on my left little toe that i didn't know i had.

Jill thinks Oscar is becoming anaemic again, so will need some time off, so suggested that on Friday we'll go out with her on foot and me mounted... on the grounds that that will assist in reassuring Molly.

I think we would have been ok if it hadn't been for the crashing metal...

So pleased with the saddle, though

3 comments:

Jean said...

The saddle looks grand. Best of rides in it!

I should have stayed on, but I just didn't trust Toby so near that lake. Bummer when you can't get back on. My feet and legs are feeling sorry right along with you.

cptrayes said...

Glad you like it Claire, have you confessed to partner yet how much it cost?

C

Claire said...

caroline, partner doesn't even know i've bought it....and the cost wasn't that great, net - sold the fhoenix for 600, bought the vogue for 900

gorgeous, very comfortable, correct position effortlessly, and I DON'T SLIP ...