Wednesday, September 03, 2008

bad me...

i rashly believed the weather forecast for today, which I had read last night, and turned poor Molly out without a rug. Oops.

wouldn't have been so bad, but I was in Yorkshire for the day,and it didn't in fact start raining properly until the afternoon...

BAAAAD me.

So she was very pleased to come in, and got her thermatex type wicking rug on immediately.

I'd bought extra feed (up to now, she's just been on Top Spec, so bought some apple chaff)

I've decided on 2 things

1. she's going to be in 24/7 for a few days/week or so until i get on top of the mud fever

2. she's in overnight now for the winter...

Apart from that, had a nice day with Natasha. Lunch at Betty's in Northallerton (and brought some nice cakes home), and the purpose of the trip there was to buy a decent mounting block: in blue, rather pleased with it. the stool i was using has died, and i need one like this that i can move round.

but managed not to buy any jackets, boots, breeches, tack, rugs or anything of that nature, despite visiting two saddlery stores ....


1 comment:

Jean said...

Good idea about keeping Ms. Molly in until those legs heal. At least when it's wet and rainy.

Good too about the mounting block. A good solid step one is a good investment. I have a three step one mostly because Tucker is 16.3h, and I need the extra height to get on him.

Good as well that you managed to avoid temptation and not buy a bunch of other stuff. It's not easy when there are all kinds of lovely things around.

That's three "goods." Good for you!! *lol*