Monday, September 08, 2008

rode!

amazing, it wasn't raining, it wasn't going to rain, even got washing on the line!

So, didn't trouble myself to try and get her to stand for me, much quicker to get someone to hold her head .... saves a lot of grief, not to mention time, and we start off relaxed instead of stressed.

Did some nice work! trot not so hot, but that's my fault. walk is improving no end .... she can keep it going a lot better, i'm improving in asking for turns (slight flex inside, let the fingers out on the outside, helps a lot if i don't conflict her) and it's becoming easier to bring her back into balance with my legs (well, thighs).

i still feel as though i've forgotten more than i'm learning.

and of course, this was in the fhoenix, not the trial saddle.. :-(

1 comment:

Jean said...

Better than I am. At least you got on. If you can manage a few more rides, the skills will come back to you. So far, it sounds as if you are doing well.

And, it didn't rain!!!